OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

jumbo junior speedway - not going to happen

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> SA ATV Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm Post subject: jumbo junior speedway - not going to happen Reply with quote Back to top

bullet has been insistant in getting some sort of jumbo junior speedway happening so just to appease the lanky bugger i have made enquiries and the results are positive. it looks like that from an msa perspective, there is no drama with us jumboing sideways at the sidewinders track. i will be meeting with the sidewinder's executive next week to ask if we can be included in any of their remaining race nights in this current season.
an idea of expected rider numbers would be good info to take with me so if you have a jumbo, - and i don't mean what you are thinking Dr Z, and you would like to speedway on it let me know so i can count you in.
so far confirmed
me
bullet
manshee - depending on availability of jumbo

Last edited by triple"A" on Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsor
froggy
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what nights would it be?

jimmy14
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you r allways trying to bring me down to you level,in the gutter.i need 2 jumbos 1 for me and another for my gut. can i run 2?

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

froggy
usually saturday nights, check www.sidewinders.com.au for remaining dates for this season. i won't know which dates if any that they will include us till the end of the week

Dr Z
that doesn't rate a reply

froggy
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ah ok i thought i remember someone saying on the weekend, that there was a possibility of speedway midweek which would suit me even better.

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

midweek hmmmmmmmmmm now there's a concept, how bout a wednesday night perhaps?????? i'll ask the venue holders and see what they say, but maybe people like bullet who live down in paradise lost might have trouble getting there midweek

froggy
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i absolutely understand it wouldnt suit most people, but i just thought i remember someone saying there was a mid week series possibly on the go. Least it wouldnt clash with other QRSA events.

John Mags
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dr zaius wrote:
you r allways trying to bring me down to you level,in the gutter.i need 2 jumbos 1 for me and another for my gut. can i run 2?

Maybe you can zip tie them together.

bullet
The Day Starts With OZATV !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gee let me think about that for a while......
For Jumbo Speedway I can only make myself available.....
7 days a week for about 24 hours a day.
Sorry Kev, but I hope you can fit that in somewhere.

I'd also really like Dr Z race 2 Jumbos.

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

spoke with the sidewinders committee last night and aired our intentions.
they have welcomed the concept but have reservations about running jumbos at a pre arranged junior meeting (the reasons are valid but also too many to post here)
suggestion is that we come along on the 5th of may at this stage for a demo, one or two rides each to see how we impact the track, how we impact the program, and how much additional time would be required to include us at their future meetings. Also it was suggested that a demo first up would break the news gently to the regular officials that are often scared of change
There was no opposition whatsoever to us having our own meetings and including the other disciplines as support events outside their normal summer calendar, and we are welcome to attend winter practice dates on the last sunday of every off season month too.
Midweek use of the venue (ie wednesday nights ) can be arranged also and the possibility of even running jumbos immediately prior to the normal meetings on a saturday is also possible (ie if juniors normally starts at say 7.30pm and we work out that to run jumbos for four rounds and a final takes 2 hours then we kick off at around 3.00pm sign in 4.00pm racing with jumbos and we can be running whilst the normal crew arrive and sign in etc for their 7.30pm start
As you can see the Sidewinders club was very receptive of the idea and proposed a variety of ways we could be accomodated so as far as getting this off the ground is concerned please confirm your availability and willingness to participate in a demo as described above on the 5th of may A.S.A.P

confirmed participants now

bullet
me
manshee (we got him a jumbo)
Dr Z

Linc
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jumbo's on a speedway track sounds about the most fun I can think of........spewin I'm over here in Vic.

froggy
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

its only 700kms

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we did a demo of jumbos at murray gridge speedway on the junior track in march this year linc
they used us as the track grade/interval entertainment
i'm not sure how many laps we did but my little kazuma falcon used about 6 litres of fuel,
those of us that are beyond seeing the good side of 40 again were absolutely stuffed afterwards lol

Linc
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds cool.....

The QRCV are running a MX meet in Mt Gambier on July 1. I would really like to meet you guys. Come along; we will have a Jumbo class for those less serious about winning and more serious about having fun.

Linc

Ms 450
Blaster class

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure it's on our calender to come down and join in. Our guys will definately be there with their jumbo's, some wouldn't dare pass up the opportunity.

I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Thanks to:
My Husband
Austraco
Luke Beechey Motorsports

47industries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That round at Mt. G is going to be an inter-club event, with both QRCV and QuadridersSA using it as part of our club series. We will be there with bells on, and considering the date and that it is in Mt.G, probably thermals as well!
Hey Kev, Count me and my spawn in for the 5th, but if Locky won't let me ride HIS viper, I may be on Boof's LT50!!!!!!
Mick@47

Gaz #5
Blaster class

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You getting soft in ya old age Mic. Just ride faster that will keep ya warm. (it was 30 down here today)

47industries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bet it's not 30 in July Gaz!
Mick@47
P.S. I've always been soft mate, you know that!

discodanz
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

youll be right mic me old mate just grow out your fur coat youll be warm as toast ha ha ha ha sorry i had to ..

47industries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey dude, like my signature says, you only love me cause I'm hairy!

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

due to lease and track licence issues previously not considered, this event is now cancelled.
I have spoken to Dave Parker at Gillman Speedway and he believes that jumbo juniors will throw too much dolomite off the infield track at that venue but has allowed a trial to take place on the 6th may practice day, so anyone that intends to take their senior machine out to gillman practice on that date, bring your jumbo too so we can see what impact will occur.

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> SA ATV Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: