OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

Not a quad... more like a window....

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Stolen Quad Watch
View previous topic :: View next topic
wa5
Big Bore, Stroked & Bling +

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:56 pm Post subject: Not a quad... more like a window.... Reply with quote Back to top

Our local Church (on Nelson Bay Road at Williamtown NSW... near Newcastle) was hit by a P plater in a Commodore a few years ago. this basically destroyed the front entry hall/ portico.. and pushed the front of the chapel off its piers.

The building is 132 years old this year. the small congregation and the Church leaders decided to rid themselves of the property ( there were only about ten or twelve people who attended anyway) I went there only for weddings and funerals ( one of the reasons I chose to save it... so that I still could) .

Nobody was interested in the property, as there are a lot of restrictions as to what can be done with it. and it looked like it would simply be bulldozed.

I chose to purchase the property so that would not happen.

It took around a year for this to happen, and it became mine on May 2 this year.
It was a fairly large stretch financially for me to be able to afford the purchase. This property will never be an "investment", more like a white elephant.... I cant afford to fix it, until I have paid for it... The security fence which needs to be around it, until its "back on its feet" cost me $1300 for six months... (which comes around again at the end of this month)..
I'm not whinging, I chose to make this purchase, and I went in knowing that it would cost a lot to repair and maintain. I am just trying to explain why the repairs haven't occurred yet.

Last night (Friday 9th October) some bastard slithered under the fence and stole one of my stained glass windows. The stained glass windows weren't put in when the Church was built (the congregation raised enough money to pay cash for the building, but couldn't afford anything fancy til the 30s and 40s.

The window was out of the broken portico at the front of the building (thankfully they didn't break into the building itself).

I left the window and the broken part of the building intact, as I figured that taking it down without doing any repair work would give the building a more derelict look and invite thieves. My mistake Sad

If you should see my window on Ebay... or any where else, the good people at Raymond Terrace Police Station will be delighted to hear from you. 0249 830599

Luckily I have some good pictures of all the fixtures and fittings ... here's a few of the building and the window..

URL=http://img718.imageshack.us/i/img1392c.jpg/][/URL]

URL=http://img188.imageshack.us/i/img1393s.jpg/][/URL]

URL=http://img837.imageshack.us/i/img1394ap.jpg/][IMG]http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8067

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sponsor
daodisturb
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a good story The concept of knowledge in new ways that can be adapted to use in real life.

wa5
Big Bore, Stroked & Bling +

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daodisturb wrote:
It's a good story The concept of knowledge in new ways that can be adapted to use in real life.

and here we have another spammer..

bigjon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daodisturb wrote:

That's deep man.....stay off the wacky tobacky!

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Stolen Quad Watch All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: