OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

Quad 4x4 Treking

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> WA ATV Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:33 pm Post subject: Quad 4x4 Treking Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks, we are looking for anyone interested in treks. At the moment we have a small group that either do day treks or head out overnight up to a few days away camping. These treks are more suited to 4x4 as we get into some real steep and rocky terrain or through outright bog pits. Day trips we generally do on a weekly basis but still travel up to an hour and a half to two hours from Perth. We also have a permanent track owned by a member which is fine for sport quads as well as 4x4's. Situated on a 200 acre block and has a 5k track. At the moment the 5k track is designed for an enduro event for WA Superlite Buggys but we are making adjustments for quading, maybe even building a trial circuit into it at some stage if there's enough interest.
This is not a club, but a group of like minded individuals who enjoy trekking and looking out for the environment.
If you are interested in coming for a ride, please pm with a contact number.
Cheers Al

A few Pictures

Sponsor
bigpond
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like fun

buggybaz
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see too well,nor drive much better,can I join your possie?

LMFAO Josh in sloth mode on the quad! laughing

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ha Ha there's no losing you is there Baz eek
Quote:
I can't see too well,nor drive much better,can I join your possie?
. Sell one of them buggys mate, get yourself a quad and you can join the end of the queue or bring your buggy and we'll put a tow rope on it for ya. Are you going to have one going for Tammin Hrm looks to be shaping up to be another big event laughing

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well for a day that was forecast as bad weather what a great day. We managed to put in 110k's and 7hrs of riding through the hills finding our way back just on dark, need more practice with the GPS just as well we took a map and compass as backup. At one stage we were making tracks were there were none before. All adding up to gaining experience and skills. After this ride it and the rough ground we covered it showed the importance of having bash plates, unfortunately I can't buy off the shelf for the Adly so I've brought some 4mm alloy to make my own, so that's next weeks project, also have to install radios for safety purposes though we do carry small handhelds, project for another day.
Video is taken with a Contour Roam, had 3hrs which I cut down to 10min, hard to pick out the standout footage, but easy to operate with the single slide on and start and tucks in tight against the helmet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQy8wJYxio
Next ride is the sand dunes so looking forward to that. laughing
Cheers Al

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well a nice day in the dunes better than what was being forecast as storms, though we did end up getting a little sandblasted Rolling Eyes . Still trying to get a handle on the Contour Camera, I had forgotten to centre the lens so the footage is on a slight angle. My apologies to folks as there is some well chosen words as I became separated from my quad during emergency avoidance procedures, I thought they were going but in fact were woa-ing laughing . As a safety issue, not thought about on this particular ride, we will ensure that we have happy flags so we are able to be easily spotted, we are not alone eek . Enjoy the vid.
Cheers Al
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GiZ4QiGVnYE

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have been a bit busy lately so haven't been on any rides as such so thought I'd explain why. Prior to being a quad enthusiast I was into racing superlites, which are a homebuilt lightweight buggy powered by a motorcycle engine or as available off the shelf things like the Honda pilot and many others. Now the sport includes utvs, side by sides and Chinese imports and grows rapidly. The point of this is as I said I was once into these machines in a big way, lived and breathed them to the point of building my own race track. I have a 200 acre property which is not much good for anything and I put a 5Km track on it and now run a 60km Enduro event, not that far, but many of these machines fail to finish, terrain is flat but made up off riversand, dry creekbeds and hard clay so ruts out very quickly and is quite punishing, but it is an enduro, right Rolls eyes . We have a turnout of about 25 machines including Edge, Polaris, Can am and some Chinese eek .
Anyway I have decided to put in a track for quads that includes a trials track, no idea how to build one but you have to start somewhere and hopefully be in place by September, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know, I have never done one before and open to suggestions. We have some club members willing to donate their time and bobcats to start the project off.
Well the video is a sighting lap done on my quad ( right here I wish I had a sports quad ) before the superlites rip the track up, wasn't at full noise but done in six and a bit minutes, the buggies do it in four and a half to five minutes.

View from Adley 600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDprehKnUo

The view from a Edge Built Barracuda Buggy with a 1300 Hyabusah.

http://youtu.be/wDrKkNbCTO4

Next time hopefully will be quads laughing .

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's been a busy time, we had a bush run from Tuesday to Thursday covering a lot of rough terrain made harder by lack of knowledge of the area, thank god for GPS units, then back to Perth , a nights rest then Friday out to the block to work on the track which was also a successful weekend, help came from a few volunteers who run the Polaris RZR side by sides, they donated their time and machines to upgrade the track putting in table tops, ski jumps and repairing the 5k track which is spread out over 200 acres so it is a pretty fast track. We also put in a 1.5k track covering about 25 acres so it has very fast sweepers and quite busy, or it was on my heavy 4x4 quad anyway, can't wait to get my sports quad finished to run this track.
We are looking at putting together a race/play weekend soon to see how things are developing though we have a full on race meet next long weekend, Queens Birthday, for the Superlites, approx 30 Buggies, which if anyone is interested may come and bring their quads to try out the track or just for a look though this will be limited in numbers.
The block is about 170k east of Perth and we have camping available though with limited facilities, but it's free.
So anyone interested in joining us with a bit of fun in mind, flick me a PM with name and contact number, either for racing or for joining us on the Treks. Please remember this is not a club or official in any capacity, it's just a group of us having fun, the Superlites are a club.
Some pictures of track upgrades and my thanks to those involved.

CHEV0507
90cc 2 stroke / 110 4 stroke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:10 am Post subject: 4x4 riding Reply with quote Back to top

hello i have a kawasaki 4x4 and are interested in off roading? so next time you are going out if you want a follower im keen, my name is paul 40 years old and still a kid Smile

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK -
www.facebook.com/blingpowdercoatings

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Paul, be glad to have you along and there's more than one grey hair in this lot of kids laughing
I will pm my phone number so just give me a call when you get the chance.
Cheers Al

500 HO
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guys if you are looking for big hills, creeks, rocks etc and some great mud runs come on down to Donnybrook/ Collie. if interested give me a call
Andy
Ph 0419 916 515

500 HO
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:28 pm Post subject: How not to cross a dam Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200264981120897
me playing in a dam at Bella valley out from collie

500 HO
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151379804510850 creek crossing

500 HO
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:38 pm Post subject: ride this sunday Reply with quote Back to top

Meet Sunday at the corner of Bella Valley road and coalfields highway. Meet at 9am

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Too easy Andy, meant to meeting up with Paul on the way through. Ian can't make it so will be myself and Josh.
Couldn't open the link to your facebook, I must be one of the one percent of this great land that doesn't have a facebook account Rolls eyes .
See ya Sunday

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well haven't had much time to update as we have been busy riding laughing .
A few of the guys have replied and this has led to making some new mates and some great riding along the way. Paul showed up and introduced us to some new areas and helped to improve on our novice standing and showed us a few new tricks. Also thanks to Andy who took us riding in Collie, great area, unfortunately first ride out and I drowned the Adly and had to get towed home, thank you Andy, sorted that problem out so it wouldn't happen again

A new 2013 Polaris Sportsman XP850 HO ESP, so the second ride went a lot better and enjoyed a day out in the rain, though did cop a warning from the Ranger on the way out.
In the video is a shot of Andy getting a bit of help but in all fairness he was still a bit gun shy from a tumble a few weeks back, I hung back a fair way as the Yamaha was flicking up a fair bit of #@%$ and I still have a few hours of running in time left so cruising along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT58sEQY4dY

This video is cruising the hills with Ian and Josh another enjoyable day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaDC-2k9z68

Have tons of video and photos but not the time to sort through it all but as I do will post.
Thanks for looking Al

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well we seem to be getting in the trips sometimes two a week, so slowly catching up this video we spent most of the day off the tracks and headed straight into the bush, eight hours riding but I put together a small clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fWKYVfOl4M

Chris450
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi rattler, I would be keen for a ride next time you head out . I have a 50' rzr570 now. I've been out with andy and Paul down Donny brook a few times.

Thanks Chris

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Chris, no problem. we're not riding this week mate as we have a race meet on at Tammin with the superlites and side by sides for the long weekend, but will be heading out next Friday, you are more than welcome to join us, or you could even come out to Tamin for a look as racing is on Sunday and Monday, just drop us a PM with your number.

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another awesome ride, still no dust to contend with, plenty of aqua still lying about so we thought we would enjoy it while we still had it. We were joined by Max on his Polaris Scrambler 850, along with my Polaris Sportsman 850 and Ian on the Canam Outlander 500. A couple of the guys couldn't make this ride due to varying reasons but will be with us next week.
A few pictures of the day, these were taken by Ian who seems to be our official group photographer, does a good job and I have to thank him for that.

Chris450
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like a lot of fun out there. Where about are you riding?

Rattler
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Chris, we started that run at the lakes and headed south, we generally run off the GPS and head bush as far as we can go to the extent that there are no trails and we make our own.

Brendan Polaris XP
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:35 pm Post subject: Social Riding Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Guys

Little bit late on this one but seeing if anyone is still doing the social rides. Just brought quad and keen to head out for adventures.

Cheers Brendan

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> WA ATV Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: