OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

How Suspension System Works in ATV

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Technical
View previous topic :: View next topic
jake.gu
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:39 pm Post subject: How Suspension System Works in ATV Reply with quote Back to top

Today we’re going to be talking a little bit about automotive suspensions and how they work to smoothen the ride of your car. There are mainly three purposes of the automotive suspension system. First, they support the weight of the vehicle. Second, they maintain accurate tire contact with the ground. And third, they absorb any shock that you get through the road when you hit a bump.

Most modern vehicles come with an independent front suspension. Which means if one wheel hits a bump it does not disturb the other wheel. Nowadays, people use Coil Spring to support the majority of weight in the car. As it has a really good characteristics for absorbing any bumps as you go up and down on the road.

However Springs aren’t very good at dissipating that energy. In fact that’s why you have the shock absorber. Which is there to smoothen out the ride and make sure the tire maintains contact with the road.

In modern passenger vehicles the two most popular suspensions are McPherson strut and double wishbone style of suspension. The main advantage of the McPherson strut suspension is that it’s really cheap and simple that’s why a lot of manufacturers are moving towards this design. The double wishbone design allows the wheel to stay perpendicular to the body as it navigates a corner or as it goes over a bump. And that maintains good tire contact patch no matter where the wheel is situated. Another advantage of this design is that it can be made adjustable where you can control the position of upper control arms ball Joints.

Here's my blog:
http://syzrodends.com/knowledge-china-rod-ends-trusted-brand-high-quality.html

Hey, Everyone. I'm new here, This is my first post. I' m going to post something about suspensions in the coming days. The next episode I'm going to talk about what rod end is and where do we use them.
Nice to be a member of you guys. Thanks

Sponsor
Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: