OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

New ATV ....! But nowhere to ride it!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Riding
View previous topic :: View next topic
ATV Desperado
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:05 pm Post subject: New ATV ....! But nowhere to ride it!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys

I am a newbie at ATV riding and didn't even bother looking at the VIC reg requirements on riding ATV's... Stupid me... eek

I have bought this 250cc quad bike and I have no where to take it and let loose for a bit!

Does anyone know any locations in VIC in the west or north perhaps where one can take their ATV for a ride without the risk of going to Jail or selling their house to pay a hefty fine?

I know this is a lot to ask but I am getting to the point where I thing I may have to put the ATV on the market without even getting it out of the garage!!!! Mad

Please..... any ideas... Rolls eyes Anyone!!! Confused Confused Confused

Sponsor
yogie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PM sent
American Star A-arms, tie rods
elka stickers
Shorty Shifter
I have a Waco
rossco gave me a flexx sticker Wink
honda thumb
Great at climbing trees Sad
durablue stickers

driftingbanshee
Blaster class

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this post makes me sad because soon enough we will have no where at all. Hope you find some places mate

Scout 250
90cc 2 stroke / 110 4 stroke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah everyone on this site would feel your pain.

It was suggested to me to write to the relavent authorites and put a case for legalising ATV's.

I've been writing to the minister for transport in NSW since Oct last year and I've followed it up twice since then.

I've also written to various other politcal parties wanting to know their position on the subject. They all agree something should happen, but when.

My suggestion would be to start writing to the authorites. It's not hard their email adresses are not hard to find.

Good Luck

Dino
The Day Starts With OZATV !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The crew from the FNQuadriders have, after years of lobbying, finally got some politicians aboard the pillion seats and took them on one of their legal road rides.
To say the least, it was a very informative ride.

The safety aspects, environmental benefits and versatility of the machines was well highlighted.
After leaving town, it seemed like: "one minute, travelling safely and comfortably @ 100 km'h down the bitumen council controlled roads, and the next minute weaving through overgrown fire trails in some of Far north Qld's rainforests."

None of the elected representatives could make any sense of TMR's lack of action. By the rides end, they were very happy to endorse a Tasmanian style of recreational registration being trialled in FN Qld.

Scout 250
90cc 2 stroke / 110 4 stroke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Dino are you able to furnish us with the names of the elected representatives that went for the ride.

I'm thinking we could then write to our respective reps and mention them by name and suggest they make contact with them. In the hope that they might think this is a good idea that they thought of it themselves.

Dino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scout 250 wrote:
Hi Dino are you able to furnish us with the names of the elected representatives that went for the ride.

I'm thinking we could then write to our respective reps and mention them by name and suggest they make contact with them. In the hope that they might think this is a good idea that they thought of it themselves.

When the club releases the "trip report", I'll put it up here for all to see.

Dino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Two representatives from Shane Knuths office. Member for Dalrymple: Shane got caught up at the last minute, as did the member for Cook, with some of his senior staff sent in lieu, also.
The office manager for Dalrymple will write up a report for the govt. when she returns from leave.

Carroll
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

UAV
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bump!

Any updates on this? I'm looking for somewhere to ride my quads in vic other than on the farm...

Cheers
Tim

richard@star.cd
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:57 am Post subject: Ride in tasmania Reply with quote Back to top

We are from Vic, but do all our riding in Tasmania, as we are welcome there. They even produce a government book showing where in the state you can ride legally. it is awesome and well worth the ferry ride

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Riding All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: