OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

Ski boats

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Off Track
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mart 300r
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:39 pm Post subject: Ski boats Reply with quote Back to top

Any one else on here into ski boats?This is mine shes a mid eighties lewis tornado.Recentely refitted with 89 225hp 3liter loopcharged v6 johnson.Absolutely hammers well not compared to race stlye bridge to bridge boats but for what i do its plenty quick enough, actually way over powered but i wouldnt have it any other way.Also i really havent been in another ski hull that handles like these things seriously they turn like they are on rails they dont lean they just stay flat an turn really well.
Ive also just finished building an all alloy tandem trailer for it with a self wash system underneath it just plug hose onto little tank fill with car wash an then turn the tap on and it sprays all underneath boat and trailer with soapy water via spray jets.Fabbed up a new alloy 80l fuel tank that goes up under the bow Heres a few pics of her.bring back summer please lol

Sponsor
yogie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do a search here for luke81, this guys a gun skier, his family are right into it.
American Star A-arms, tie rods
elka stickers
Shorty Shifter
I have a Waco
rossco gave me a flexx sticker Wink
honda thumb
Great at climbing trees Sad
durablue stickers

dangerman4
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no bikini babes Sad

fail ski boat pics lol

Mart 300r
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks yogie ill do that.btw cheers for the book did u get the thingy??

Dangerman doesnt the sight of a v6 2stroke get u excited?ok fail pics lol ill c wat i can muster up lol

yogie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mart 300r wrote:
Thanks yogie ill do that.btw cheers for the book did u get the thingy??

Dangerman doesnt the sight of a v6 2stroke get u excited?ok fail pics lol ill c wat i can muster up lol

yeah bloke got the thingy, ta Very Happy
American Star A-arms, tie rods
elka stickers
Shorty Shifter
I have a Waco
rossco gave me a flexx sticker Wink
honda thumb
Great at climbing trees Sad
durablue stickers

feralkid
The Day Starts With OZATV !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I usually ski behind a 1978 flightcraft phantom, it runs a rover alloy block v8 and does a good job, might not look flash or go fast but it sounds amazing, one of the toughest notes i've heard.

Mart 300r
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Flight craft have made some good hulls in there time.Yeh gotta love the sound of a big 8 in a ski boat actually most of the tornado hulls same as mine were all inboards ive been told not heaps were made as outboards mines got the center rails an flat spot underneath for where the prop shaft plate would mount.i just cant wait for summer.Im about to put a foot throttle in it also my father inlaw gave me his old boom bar im going to mount it and then fab a new ski pole for it.should be fun.

slightlydodgy
Blaster class

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My brother in law has a nice jet boat running a 350 chev big block Man that's a nice sound

Mart 300r
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh you nz'ers are crazy about jet boats i remember when we went on our trip over to nz we went on the shot over ride man that was some crazy drivin lol great fun.I used to watch the jet sprints heaps on fox thats awesome to watch.

mikerosenkids
90cc 2 stroke / 110 4 stroke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:01 pm Post subject: Ski boats Reply with quote Back to top

I am looking at a Jet Boat- Seadoo Speedster 200 430 hp dual Rotax motors to be precise or a Challenger 1800 Sp cheapest option was to Import one from USA but I am a way off the coin right now hopefully near Xmas -- Please Santa
Or find a tried and trusted hull and Re:power it similar to what you have Mart but as I have three kids I need a bit more room.
Love the trailer by the way very clever water system

Cheers Mike

slightlydodgy
Blaster class

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mart 300r wrote:
Yeh you nz'ers are crazy about jet boats i remember when we went on our trip over to nz we went on the shot over ride man that was some crazy drivin lol great fun.I used to watch the jet sprints heaps on fox thats awesome to watch.

Course we are they were invented here remember along with the great pav Evil or Very Mad

Dingo555
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just brought a Speedster 150. 15' 255 hp Rotax jet boat. Currently will do 50mph but they open it up a little more during the first service and it should be good for 60mph minimum. It's just like an oversize jet ski. Me and Ddingo went out on Sunday and were doing full speed full lock turns ala jet ski style. Not sure who's grin was bigger. Cool Cool

ATVPRO
Colac Motorcylces
Luke Beechey Motorsports
Proud supporter of Team Ironpot
No skills or good habits, just point it and stab it..!!

Mart 300r
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That thing is sick dingo, ive seen ppl do some pretty nut case things in them one of the moves (correct me if im wrong jetboaters)is they flat out forward then throw them in reverse and drown the front of the boat called the submarine lol,no way would i do it to a new boat but some ppl are crazy enough to.
60 mph thats pretty good numbers mate. Mine the way its propped as of now will do about 60 / 65 but reving off its head propped for speed i reckon 80 mph wouldnt be out of the question.its geared way way low but i like it for skiing tubing etc. 60 mph is easily quick enogh for me anything after that i reckon helmets should come out lol lol

Mart 300r
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heres a few update photos of mine,ive spent a few hours knocking up a wake tower for the old girl (not that it throws much of a wake)Just thought id like the look of a tower on it.Just gotta make some mount plates for the deck and turn up a rope mount than shell be about done.Geeez i cant wait for those hot summer days back down the lake laughing laughing

Banshee250R

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our boat is litteraly a jet boat, cant ski behind it but it's a boat....does that count??? laughing laughing

Dingo555
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quick trip to Fraser Island recently...10 mins from the mouth of the harbour to Moon Point laughing laughing

ATVPRO
Colac Motorcylces
Luke Beechey Motorsports
Proud supporter of Team Ironpot
No skills or good habits, just point it and stab it..!!

grancuda
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our last ski boat was a Moomba Boomerang. Fun boat with a Ford 351 ProBoss engine. Lots of fun in that one, got my son to learn to ski & wake board from it & now we are looking for a late '60s/early 70's SK style v-drive.

[/list]

grancuda
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jet boats are fun too, here's a couple we have had in the past.

'79 20' Taylor LP

'85 21' Picklefork Tunnel hull Cheyenne replica

Luciad59
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mart 300r wrote:
Thanks yogie ill do that.btw cheers for the book did mutuelles entreprise u get the thingy??

I'm sure we would not risk failing the photo if we have the right tools.

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Off Track All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: