OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

Problems with a can am 800 outlander

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Technical
View previous topic :: View next topic
hugh62
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:46 pm Post subject: Problems with a can am 800 outlander Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly there's a ignition problem ,I think the ignition capsule isn't reading the key ,sometimes when you turn the key on you have power and starts no problem ,other times you turn the key on ,and no power at all ,no lights ,fuel pump ,dash lights etc ,some times if you wiggle it around you can get power ,thou lately that doesn't seem to happen to much , some times if you just leave the key on after 5 - 20 min's the power will come back on ! have blown it all out with air and cleaned key ,wiring connections seem good all over the bike ,nothing damaged ,never blown fuses .
Secondly the brakes keep coming on ,and the front brake lever is as stiff as ,( thou once you crack the line at the front brake master cylinder ,the brakes come off ) the back brake returns to its fully off position good ,there is a line running from the front master cylinder to the back one I notice ,( probably to activate the brake light sender )
I can pull a dozer apart and put it back together ,but gawd I hate working on these things ,just replaced fuel injector lines and injector O rings Evil or Very Mad not easy when you got big hands and little patience with these things Smile
So any tips would be appreciated ,thanks in advance .

Sponsor
Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: