OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

2017 cfmoto 520S eps fuel pump not priming

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Technical
View previous topic :: View next topic
larry1954
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:50 pm Post subject: 2017 cfmoto 520S eps fuel pump not priming Reply with quote Back to top

2017 cfmoto cforce 520S eps fuel pump not priming. ATV has only done 98klm and will not start. Recently replaced the battery. efi fault light comes on when you turn the ignition on, then goes off after a little while, then comes on again (does not normally flash, just stay on) when you press the yellow button (but not yet the green one) to start. You do not hear the fuel pump prime as it usually does.

So, checked fuel pump fuse and relay. Both are apparently OK. I am supposing I have to check the fuel pump next, but where is it and how do I get to it?

Sponsor
larry1954
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found the fuel pump - have to take the cover off over the fuel tank to access it.

Solved the problem of it not starting too. It appears that it was flooded? There seems to be a priming pump as well as the fuel pump. The priming pump was not going on because it apparently did not need priming, because it was flooded?

Anyway, I checked the fuel pump by applying 12V directly to it and it was working. So, I am thinking the engine did not start because it was somehow flooded. The efi light went off if you kept on cranking even when it did not start, so I am thinking the efi system was actually working.

larry1954
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, I got it wrong. Tried to start the quad this morning and same problem. No sound of the pump priming and does not start.

Did the same as before: connected 12V directly to the pump and then crank and it starts. Thereafter it starts normally even without the 12V connected directly: you hear the pump priming and the engine starts. Checked voltage to the pump and sure enough it is 12.5V without power connected directly to it.

If you have the 12V directly connected you will not hear priming because the pump is already running.

Any body got any ideas before I take it to the dealer?

I suppose I should check if it is getting 12V when it does not start without power directly connected.

Could be a stuck fuel pump and when power is directly connected to it it jumps to life?

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: