OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

Port Gawler

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> SA ATV Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
PROXT
Big Bore, Stroked & Bling +

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:28 am Post subject: Port Gawler Reply with quote Back to top

I heard Port Gawler opened back up. Any info on this.

Sponsor
phrozin
Blaster class

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes it is finally after 2 years its back up and running, it is now called Power dirt bike park, and under new management I talked to them yesterday and they will have a dedicated quad track up and running in 2weeks but can ride as of now and have been assured the antics that caused the terrible accident that closed it down will not happen again as the cowboy attitude is gone.

Pretty ironic as I was riding over the Easter long weekend with dave who was 1 of the guys involved in the accident which cost him his leg but still riding after the ordeal he has been through and was the 1 who told me there back up and running

Cost to ride is $40

contact details are Paul on 0423249607

47industries
The Day Starts With OZATV !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone else confirm this.
This could be the best thing to happen to quad riding in SA for a long time.
Mick@47

gloots81
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:57 am Post subject: Port Gawler !! Reply with quote Back to top

I heard at the moment no quads are allowed....

Does anyone know if this is true, or when quads can enter the park one again ???

Any info appreciated

breno213
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:46 pm Post subject: hi Reply with quote Back to top

yes it is open now ,but quads are not to go out there just for now but in the next month or so we will be able to paul is thinking of giving us our own area just for quads sounds awsome just a little longer an we can go an hav some fun for holding a race event i dont think that will happen ,paul has change a lot of things out there now placeing a lot of rules so dont break them pls as we all wont to hav fun an see port gawler stay open ...oh paul all so likes our club magazine thinks its great that we hav one ,,,but he all so told me that he has had a bout 8 calls an each one of those people stated that they where the president of our club come on guys dont talk crap with paul i just said i was a member of the club an he told me every think i need to know we dont want him thinking we are dicks so ive told him who is our president an vise president ...all this is good news lets keep it that way
Roll design
and my family for all there support #213 #172#619 #247

Last edited by breno213 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryno
Blaster class

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 2 wheelers and quads cant ride together hay? Good to here it is open again

breno213
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryno wrote:
The 2 wheelers and quads cant ride together hay? Good to here it is open again
thats correct.
Roll design

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phrozin
Blaster class

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote Back to top

*banshee 172 wrote:
yes it is open now ,but quads are not to go out there just for now but in the next month or so we will be able to paul is thinking of giving us our own area just for quads sounds awsome just a little longer an we can go an hav some fun for holding a race event i dont think that will happen ,paul has change a lot of things out there now placeing a lot of rules so dont break them pls as we all wont to hav fun an see port gawler stay open ...oh paul all so likes our club magazine thinks its great that we hav one ,,,but he all so told me that he has had a bout 8 calls an each one of those people stated that they where the president of our club come on guys dont talk crap with paul i just said i was a member of the club an he told me every think i need to know we dont want him thinking we are dicks so ive told him who is our president an vise president ...all this is good news lets keep it that way

lol.

Why would any one say they were the president of quad riders sa who cares? The guy will tell you what you want to know if you ask him ffs just ring him thats why the ph number is there no secret Rolls eyes

breno213
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:39 pm Post subject: hi Reply with quote Back to top

went for a drive to pt gawler today man it was flooded out to the maxs kids track totally under water .the tide came all the way in the main dirt road an the rain filled the rest in ,in my hole life of liveing in adelaide ive never seen it this bad Surprised
Roll design

phrozin
Blaster class

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh same here were looking to go out this weekend but most places are the same FLOODED, pt gawler does drain quite quick though if we get a couple of days that dont rain should be ok, I use to work there for Bill C seen it worse, more than i can say for thompsons that will be out for a couple of weeks its pure slop eek

hustleratv.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

phrozin wrote:
Yeh same here were looking to go out this weekend but most places are the same FLOODED, pt gawler does drain quite quick though if we get a couple of days that dont rain should be ok, I use to work there for Bill C seen it worse, more than i can say for thompsons that will be out for a couple of weeks its pure slop eek

not many know he started that place , man SA is a small place, i had a kfx last year top quad ,now Wes own's it. Rolls eyes hope to see you around Smile Smile
Boundless Suspention
Bad Boy Power Drinks

phrozin
Blaster class

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hustleratvracing wrote:
phrozin wrote:

not many know he started that place , man SA is a small place, i had a kfx last year top quad ,now Wes own's it. Rolls eyes hope to see you around Smile Smile

yeh was with bill since day 1 then russel and tina then back to bill, guy did more for off road bikes and buggy in SA than any body gives him credit for. I gave it away to go race super stock drag racing bill still help us out, still catch up with greg who now runs sprints at smithfield havent seen rob and wes for a few years now. good kids both of them!

hustleratv.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:28 am Post subject: sa great Reply with quote Back to top

I see wes and rob, they own sprints at enfield next to pitmans, robs into buggys and bikes , wes into buggys and quads , ( when there not working).

phrozin were do you ride ??
Boundless Suspention
Bad Boy Power Drinks

phrozin
Blaster class

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anywhere I can lol but usually a mob of us (5 to 8 ) quad guys hang out Thompsonís when not to wet then jams at murrybridge if desperate or on the dunes at parsons and soon Port Gawler when the guys get a quad track up which i cant wait for!

hustleratv.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:48 pm Post subject: fun Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like you have some fun, hope to see you a pt.g one day soon.
Boundless Suspention
Bad Boy Power Drinks

phrozin
Blaster class

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:54 pm Post subject: Re: fun Reply with quote Back to top

hustleratvracing wrote:

yes m8 we had 14 race quads at thompsons on sunday 450's 4 or 5 banshees a couple of 660's and a shiny new 09 trx450 was on for young and old was kick ass but the ol kawa wouldnt start so had to sit it out Crying or Very sad oll well see you at pt gawler we will all be there when its up!

Gaz #5
Blaster class

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:04 pm Post subject: Re: fun Reply with quote Back to top

phrozin wrote:
hustleratvracing wrote:

yes m8 we had 14 race quads at thompsons on sunday 450's 4 or 5 banshees a couple of 660's and a shiny new 09 trx450 was on for young and old was kick ass but the ol kawa wouldnt start so had to sit it out Crying or Very sad oll well see you at pt gawler we will all be there when its up!

You should have been at renmark enduro we had 28 racing yesterday

hustleratv.com.au

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:09 pm Post subject: hi Reply with quote Back to top

we had an endruo at renmark with 29 entrys you could do iron man or team up , it was alot of fun but abit sort today.

the kfx not starting try the throttle position sensor on the side of the carby ,it needs to be adjusted every now and then ,cheers
Boundless Suspention
Bad Boy Power Drinks

phrozin
Blaster class

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:02 pm Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote Back to top

hustleratvracing wrote:
we had an endruo at renmark with 29 entrys you could do iron man or team up , it was alot of fun but abit sort today.

the kfx not starting try the throttle position sensor on the side of the carby ,it needs to be adjusted every now and then ,cheers

nah thats just our mob could start a club by our selves, you guys in quad riders or ttg? we have been thinking ttg to run some club meets wanted to go with mra but since i retied they seem to have a prob with quads messing there track up go figure

hustler 1st place i looked at was the tps the fi is messed up was getting 3.5v at the tps at closed eek towed it and it blowing out black smoke so put it on the trailer sa dirt have it now (warranty) there guna plug it in to something and see whats up.

hustleratv.com.au

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:46 pm Post subject: hi Reply with quote Back to top

we are qrsa club , would you guys like to rub wheels on the mx track ? , I think we have are round there later in the year i will let you know.

the club is also hosting the mx nationals in september at murry bridge.

check out http://dualroost.com.au/ web site,cheers
Boundless Suspention
Bad Boy Power Drinks

PROXT
Big Bore, Stroked & Bling +

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any news on the opening of a quad track at port gawler yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> SA ATV Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: