OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

Interesting

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> SA ATV Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rotax46
Blaster class

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:32 pm Post subject: Interesting Reply with quote Back to top

Check out how petty some people at sidewinders can get. I received this from our web site designer. They didn’t even have enough balls to contact me direct they had to hide, check out the site yourself and see how pathetic they are. This from the partner of someone who threatens physical violence at other parents at a kids event. Very Family Friendly, NOT
Good advertising for the company they work for as well, would you like an employee like this?

Quote:
Hi Web Site designer,

I Jennifer Grech and Graham Peterson have found unauthorised photographs of our children on the web site www.goldfinchracing.com.au

We have not given any written permission for photographs and or images to be taken & published of our children ,to yourself or the Owner of this site.

I have been advised by the Commercial & Electronic Crime Branch to formally request that all photographs/images of Mitchell Grech & Luke Peterson be removed immediately from the site www.goldfinchracing.com.au

regards
Jennifer Grech
Customer Service Manager

300 Glen Osmond Road
Fullarton SA 5063
Phone: 08 8433 2009
Fax: 08 8433 2099
Email: jgrech@rossdalehomes.com.au
WWW: www.rossdalehomes.com.au

However.
The Law
In Australia, generally speaking, there is no law restricting photography of people (including children) in public spaces as long as the images are not considered as:
• indecent (such as “up skirt” or “downblouse” photographs taken covertly in change rooms, toilets or other invasions of privacy)
• being used for voyeurism or made for the purpose of observing and visually recording the other person’s genital or anal region
• protected by a court order (eg. child custody or witness protection)
• defamatory
• being for commercial purposes (person’s likeness is used to entice people to buy or it appears they are endorsing a product). This may require a Model Release/Consent Form to be signed
Consensual photos of a child (including your own child) also contravene Criminal Codes and censorship laws if the child is photographed in a provocative or sexual manner.

Last edited by Rotax46 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsor
HoleshotQR#24
Big Bore, Stroked & Bling +

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I spoke to Graeme about this and he knows nothing of it, he doesn't have or use the internet and wasn't aware a letter/e-mail such as this was written on his behalf.

What's petty is you posting it up trying to make a big deal of it, what do you hope to achieve from doing so?? The authors put her name to it so is she really hiding from you? Why don't you do the appropriate thing and respond to her directly (she's given you her contact details) and deal with it discretely rather than make something out of nothing.

Luddy.

Rotax46
Blaster class

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Luddy,
I agree with your comment

"Why don't you do the appropriate thing and respond to her directly (she's given you her contact details) and deal with it discretely"

This is what the author should have done in the first place, not send an email on behalf of Rossdale Homes and via our web site host. And obviously include others without their knowledge as you have just stated. My contact details are clearly on the web site and they could have contacted me direct if they had a concern. Did they ask the clubs the same? What clubs have written permission from all entrants and spectators to have photo's on thier web sites?

What it shows is some people can not just go out and enjoy the racing, support the kids, have a great day/evening, get on with others doing the same and go home ready for the next one. We support and help advertise the sport and the clubs via our own web site at our cost. This obviously make some people jealous. What other reason would they be so petty??????? Rolls eyes

So lets just laugh at their pettiness and get on with life. laughing laughing

jumbo danny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:25 pm Post subject: I disagree there luddy Reply with quote Back to top

HoleshotQR#24 wrote:
I spoke to Graeme about this and he knows nothing of it, he doesn't have or use the internet and wasn't aware a letter/e-mail such as this was written on his behalf.

What's petty is you posting it up trying to make a big deal of it, what do you hope to achieve from doing so?? The authors put her name to it so is she really hiding from you? Why don't you do the appropriate thing and respond to her directly (she's given you her contact details) and deal with it discretely rather than make something out of nothing.

Luddy.

YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT THE WHOLE STORY LUDDY
what is happening is that some parents don't want to see there childerns photos up on the web for what ever reason and the authors partner has more than once threanted people at sidewinders what do you have to say about that!
regards danny

Watson107
Blaster class

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

danny i think what luddy means is that it doesnt need to be posted on an australian forum, otherwise it will just cause further arguements which arent needed. do you agree?? Smile
Just Heads

Thanks to:
The Old Man
QuadridersSA
www.dualroost.com.au

HoleshotQR#24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: I disagree there luddy Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT THE WHOLE STORY LUDDY
what is happening is that some parents don't want to see there childerns photos up on the web for what ever reason and the authors partner has more than once threanted people at sidewinders what do you have to say about that!
regards danny

My point is that there are appropriate ways and means for dealing with issues like this and its not on here on a public forum.

Rotax46
Blaster class

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote]
Quote:
My point is that there are appropriate ways and means for dealing with issues like this and its not on here on a public forum.

So what are these ways and means you refer to then Luddy? How do you deal with pettiness, jealousy and parents that threaten physical abuse on others at kids events?

jumbo danny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:11 am Post subject: ways of dealing with it? Reply with quote Back to top

if there are ways of dealing with it i would love to know

1; point our governing body is MASA doesn't take the matter serious they don't want to get involved, and if they did why has it taken so long look at the dates!

2; the club doesn't take the matter serious they allow such people to take up committee positions { rewarding such behaviour ? }

3;good people are walking away from the sport purely because of these matters and other clubs like our qrsa burrow there heads in the sand and don't look after there members!

seeing that you actually read and reply to these post of frustration when will quad riders south australia supply me with copy of the constitution of our club its only been a couple of months actually i asked over a year ago may be when the committee starts to inform all the members all correspondence in and out all the members will know whats going on hey
regards Daniel Penraat

Watson107
Blaster class

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mabe remind them at the next meeting, they have been very busy preparing for the nationals so they have probably forgotten, nor me or luddy or either of our family members are on the comittee so we cannot really give you the answer you are looking for, but i think masa should help as we are affiliated, i dont understand why they wouldnt.
Just Heads

Thanks to:
The Old Man
QuadridersSA
www.dualroost.com.au

Rotax46
Blaster class

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
danny i think what luddy means is that it doesnt need to be posted on an australian forum, otherwise it will just cause further arguements which arent needed.

Perhaps the author should have thought of this before writing it and creating the further arguments???

MASA have had the report of the threat of physical violence for nearly 5 months from, parents at the meeting and the Steward of the meeting and done nothing with it.
The club (sidewinders) has had it for 5 months and done nothing about it.

So please do tell us what are the better ways of handling it we would all love to know?

Quote:

Watson107
Blaster class

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

have you pushed MSA? they should back you if they think you have a reasonable claim.. and if a steward has filed a report about it then i dont understand why MSA havent done anything about it. have they gotten back to you about it at all or turned a blind eye?
Just Heads

Thanks to:
The Old Man
QuadridersSA
www.dualroost.com.au

Rotax46
Blaster class

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MSA have been asked a number of times, it was always "currently being investigated" then its "with the board" Still nothing...........

And its not about having a claim as you put it, its about allowing the minority stuffing it up for others. There are a number of people now turned away from sidewinders due to this. How many members need to turn away from the sport before someone does something about it?????????
Last year alone they lost 6 riders due to these two people. There are a lot of others saying they will not return next season due to the way it is. Do we sit back and wait for it all to collapse?

This is why when Luddy mentioned there are more appropriate ways of dealing with it that we are interested to know what those ways are.

HoleshotQR#24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rotax46 pm sent.

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: ways of dealing with it? Reply with quote Back to top

jumbo danny wrote:
if there are ways of dealing with it i would love to know

1; point our governing body is MASA doesn't take the matter serious they don't want to get involved, and if they did why has it taken so long look at the dates!

2; the club doesn't take the matter serious they allow such people to take up committee positions { rewarding such behaviour ? }

3;good people are walking away from the sport purely because of these matters and other clubs like our qrsa burrow there heads in the sand and don't look after there members!

seeing that you actually read and reply to these post of frustration when will quad riders south australia supply me with copy of the constitution of our club its only been a couple of months actually i asked over a year ago may be when the committee starts to inform all the members all correspondence in and out all the members will know whats going on hey
regards Daniel Penraat

were you or rotax present at the agm that the person in question was elected to a committee position? and if so why didnt you voice your opposition at that time?

did you request a copy of the qrsa constitution personally from the secretary? or perhaps did you email the request? if your request was emailed did you follow up the lack of response with a personal request? sometimes there are unknown faults residing within electronic media . as a current or previous member of nearly every club in this state danny, i would have thought that you would have known that every club's constitution is registered with msa, and perhaps if you weren't comfortable asking the qrsa committee members, you could have obtained it from msa

the letter requesting removal of the photo from the website, was that made on a public forum or was it conveyed through the web host as the only third party? personally if a photo of nathan appeared on a site and it wasnt being used for inappropriate purposes, i would be quite proud, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, so if these parents aren't comfortable with this particular site/photo surely that's their choice.

again if all the facts are available then speculation is minimised.
luddy, graeme has mentioned to me that he was aware of the photo and although he doesn't have the net at home, one of his or heather's relatives does. he has seen the pics, and when they were brought to his attention i received a call from him asking what he should do about it. my response was it was up to whether he and/or heather thought the pics were in any way derogatory. on this i can not judge as i've never visited the site to view them

when countering someone's opinion with the charge that they dont know all the facts, it's best to present all the facts within your own argument also

Rotax46
Blaster class

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[/img]
Quote:
were you or rotax present at the agm that the person in question was elected to a committee position? and if so why didnt you voice your opposition at that time?

Yes we were and yes we did. But when the meeting was stacked not much could be done. Yes the committee did a phone around to make sure their mates were there to vote them in.

Quote:
personally if a photo of nathan appeared on a site and it wasnt being used for inappropriate purposes, i would be quite proud, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, so if these parents aren't comfortable with this particular site/photo surely that's their choice.

You really need to see the photo's in question to realise just how pathetic this all is. There is no mention of any other child's names, the photos are of the kids on the track so obviously they were in full race gear, helmet and all, you would be lucky if you could make out their race numbers let alone who they are on the bikes. There are photos on the clubs web sites like sidewinders, QRCSA, atvpod to name a few some of which show faces and names and yet they don’t have an issue with them, so what is the real issue here????????? Have all these other web sites got written permision form everyone in each and every photo???????

This is all just a part of the big picture, last season 4 riders left sidewinders never to return and another 2 left and may or may not return depending what happens purely due to these 2 people and their issues and attitude. There are 5 - 6 others talking about not going back next season again due to these 2 people. How many people does the club need to lose before they do something about it? Would you like your children being at an event where a parent threatens physical violence against others in front of the kids?

I have said enough on this topic on here and wish to move onto more positive areas. One thing I can remember being told at our first MX event by Graeme was "It is a much better place to be than sidewinders no petty B/S" and so far I must agree, we have enjoyed all the events we have been associated with at QRSA and QRCV, the kids enduro a few weeks ago was great, everyone got on well helped each other out and enjoyed the day. After all isn’t that what it is really about?

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i am all too aware of the impact of actions similar to those you acuse in this instance, i have received a fine for my part in attempting to rectify some issues at a race meeting, been down the path of appeal and subsequently had my penalty dramatically reduced, and received an apology from the governing body and it's representatives, and the alledged purportrators.

i have also done some follow up research into the photo issue, and have been advised that , in this sick world we live in, schools now require written consent before having children photographed. one reason given for this is the increasing rate of bitter divorce/custody battles, and the ramifications possible from having photos randomly taken and displayed. dont get me wrong, i side with no-one in this particular instance, i am merely supporting nathan and luddy in their call for this matter not to be aired as dirty laundry , moreover, resolved between the parties in question.

the junior speedway club seems to go through peaks and troughs in regard to troublesome members. there were many issues when nathan first rode there as a junior. over the time he spent there those concerned either moved on or smartened up. again with reflection to the world we curently live in, clubs need to "get tough" and start to utilise the member protection policy in the "moms" and document every instance of infringement. unfortunately that also means that those who are not necessarily major disruptors, also need to be mindful of their actions as retaliation is a given. the " he said , she said , we said method isnt going to stand a chance without supportive evidence. this unfortunately, is also starting to infiltrate qrsa, and therefore the president was prompted to address the issue at the last club meeting , fortunately , however, the level of disruption at qrsa is minor, and will easily be dealt with.

finally , the posts by myself , luddy and nathan here were totally unnecessary, if the matter was not originally displayed here. this globally viewed forum is not the appropriate place to have a debate of this nature. it doesnt truly reflect the circumstances at hand, merely the opinions of those posting, and puts a negative aura around the now two clubs mentioned. there are many more members not posting an opinion than those that are so i guess that makes you me luddy nathan and danny a whingeing minority??? no i know that's not the case, but it could easily be read that way. the clubs are bigger than any of us as individuals, maybe if individuals put effort into their club this type of issue becomes extinct.

ps. pm me the names of those riders who left or are intending to leave, as i have some information that i cant display here, that may be of assistance to them, in making their decision

Rotax46
Blaster class

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kev,
PM Sent

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> SA ATV Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: