OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

Attention WA trike owners
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> WA ATV Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic

Do you want a Trike day at Lancelin Dunes in 2011
Yes and I can bring a three wheeler depending on the date
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Yes like the idea
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
No, got a trike but not interested
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:07 am Post subject: Attention WA trike owners Reply with quote Back to top

G'DAy boys
Would any of you like to have a trike day up a Lanos in 2011. Quads welcome of course, but the intent is to get those three wheelers out of the shed and fire a couple of shots in anger.

The guys in Stockton do it every year, and I think we've been dragging the chain a bit.

I'm thinking, a few months into the year as the heat dies down from summer. We can make a day of it.

Perhaps a Friday. Take the day off work so the dunes would be fairly quite

I'm happy to drag my trailer out, put up some shade, set up a BBQ, and make a day of it.

It would also motivate me to put my Tecate back together..

What say you boys and girls?
State governments give us REC rego + area to ride ATVs legaly! State Status: VIC-No (Nazi's) QLD-Yes(no place to ride tho) NT-? NSW-Yes, Stockton. TAS-Yes, Areas for ATVs + ATV rego, Go Tazzie . WA-Yes, 2 top places within 1hr of Perth. ACT-? SA-No

Sponsor
tbr926
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the same with me, i would need some motativation, this heat and cricket is driving some people to drink haha.
and there should be alot of people in the west who used to own one and which they wish their missus didnt tell/force them to sell but now have quads

what do ya reckon mrs gaitar would grant be up for it ( like i said to luke, like a carrot in front of a donkey)

cheers tribbs

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your onto something there, I've lost count the amount of times the ball and chain has asked me to sell the green meanie.

You don't use it is usually the justification.

I'll let this pole run for a bit more to see if we can get a couple of more takers.
State governments give us REC rego + area to ride ATVs legaly! State Status: VIC-No (Nazi's) QLD-Yes(no place to ride tho) NT-? NSW-Yes, Stockton. TAS-Yes, Areas for ATVs + ATV rego, Go Tazzie . WA-Yes, 2 top places within 1hr of Perth. ACT-? SA-No

Mrs_Gaitar
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tbr926 wrote:
the same with me, i would need some motativation, this heat and cricket is driving some people to drink haha.
and there should be alot of people in the west who used to own one and which they wish their missus didnt tell/force them to sell but now have quads

what do ya reckon mrs gaitar would grant be up for it ( like i said to luke, like a carrot in front of a donkey)

cheers tribbs

Haha, we sold his 250R 3 wheeler to buy a boat, sold the boat to buy a 250R quad, unfortunately sold the 250R quad to upgrade to a new quad.... hmmm wouldve kept it if we could, that was a beautiful bike.

Grant would be up for it, pretty sure Luke would love it too, actually Luke probably more so than Grant !

TBR 927
Blaster class

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bring on a lano day for sure

ill try not to be hung over

Just got rego ed aswell like to try it out to the penny pinches (Rangers)

Noy Q75
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you post a date up and its not on a race weekend i will bring my QUAD up for a ride Very Happy i mite be able to tie one front wheel up and blend in LOL
N# 1 at BSA-HD for 09,10,11
N# 2 W.A. State Clubman A 2010
N# 3 W.A. State Vets 2011
N# 1 W.A. State Vets 2012

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just hit something hard at full noise, that usually manages to dislodge a wheel up front. Tried it myself once, Finke in 07, pushed an A-Arm into the shock. Perhaps I wasn't going hard enough?

Good point on the race weekend, not that any trikes will need to be at any race meetings, its usually thier owners that are tied up. Pushing around that extra wheel.

tbr926
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

07 finke hey what number, i run out of fuel at the 10km bonnet on the way home and some locals tipped some black opal fuel in and it started 11th home

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gawd, that was a lifetime ago. 904 I think. I was riding an LT-R450, which I still have BTW.

I had a big off on the way up* which ruined me and the quad for the rest of the day. I kept going but the steering and my confidence was shot to shite. I think I came in about 27th on day one? I even got passed in the whoops by an outfit. Sad sad sad....

However I had a much better run back on day two. Come in around 15th and, on times, I was running in the top ten for some of it. Passed heaps of bikes and quads that day. Had a ball. Just blowing past the two wheelers was the highlight for me. Payback for day one.

*The crash was my own stupid fault. When the flag dropped I got a bit too excited. I past my whole group and within a few klms of the start I had caught up to the group in front of me. By about that time I though I was ten foot tall and bullet proof. BAHHHH

I was catching two motor bikes and they were just up ahead and I was planning my cunning passing manouver, when all of a sudden they hit some really soft sand and sent dust up everywhere, it was a complete dust out, you could not even see two feet in any direction. So what did the ten foot tall numb nuts do.... dropped one gear and kept the throttle pinned of course.

Well somewhere in the dust there was a steel post. I'm guessing somewhere to the side of the track, but I'm only guessing, as I had no idea where the track was. One minute I'm riding, next moment I'm doing a great impersonation of the greatest american hero (Just without the red underpants, cape, or ability to actually fly).

Ahh good times.....

Looking back now, I could have just as easily sailed straight into a tree at about 80kph I reckon. Game over stuff really. Thank god I didn't.

But I digess.... Come on you fellow trike nutters. I want a bit more commitment from you lot before I commit to organising a trike day at the dunes. A minimum of Five trikes will do it. They don't all have to be 250cc rockets, 110's 70's, bigreds, waddeva

Joe 250 Z
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:34 pm Post subject: trike day Reply with quote Back to top

I'm definately in. I replied on the poll (2nd I think). Unfortunately I don't know any other trike riders. Hopefully we get the 5.

tbr926
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ive got a coupla trikes to make the numbers
what do ya reckon BT ive got a good job for you sweating in the shed for a coupla days would get you in shape

TBR 927
Blaster class

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love summer & after working in the shed can i do some tyres

I only want to ride the X

dyates69
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a TRI-Z I rebuilt a while ago and have barely ridden since. I'd be keen to take it out. What date is being planned?

Joe 250 Z
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:54 pm Post subject: trike day Reply with quote Back to top

excellent news. another Z on the dunes. March 4th is what's been mentioned so far. I'm good for that day. See you all there.

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK gents, four confirmations is enough to get me arse off the couch.

Judging by the lack of use these trikes are getting at the moment sounds like its going to be a test an tune day more than anything else, but thats all good. Beats typing about trikes thats for sure.

4th March is the target day. My trike is in bits at the moment, but its getting there.

Please have a look at your dance cards and see if 4th march works for you guys and post up. And throw up a vote if you have just joined us.

Joe 250 Z
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:47 pm Post subject: trike day Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all good for the 4th of March.

Mrs_Gaitar
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my lot will be in Kal that weekend for MX sorry

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are we still working for 4 march?

I see Mrs Gaitars mob will be away. Do you want to push it out two weeks? I don't want to drop any trikes because of a race meet.

Joe 250 Z
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still good for the 4th but I am only one !

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got both trikes sitting in my garage in bits.

Neither have air-filters, (the 87 has split, and the 85 has completly perished)

both need some engine work. (the 87 keeps fouling plugs from too much compression, and the 85 leaks like a sieve)

Parts have been ordered and I'm waiting for them to come in from the states at the moment.

I can make it to the 4th with my quads no problem, but this is all about the trikes. Right at the moment I'm touch and go for the 4th, and won't be able to give a firm time until these parts arrive.

I would still like to do it on a Friday, do you want to reset a date now, or wait a bit longer?

tbr926
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

keep it the 4th even if its a show and shine and quad ride im bringing both and so is BT

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Righto, 4th it is I'll keep pushing on.

Joe 250 Z
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 pm Post subject: 4th of march Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys just checking in - are we all good for this Friday ? Lancelin ? what time is everyone thinking ? considering its going to be 36 on Friday.

tbr926
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeap still keen

im sor so ill leave before peak hour and try and get there before 8 and leave just after 12 as its a long weekend and heaps will be heading that way

cheers tribbs

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It pains me a great deal to write this, but I'm not ready. My 87 is still in bits and the 85 is not quite there yet. I'm still waiting for parts from the states for both of both of them.

I think I may be able to get the 85 up and about by Friday, but its going to be tight. I discovered that the swingarm bearings are shot last week. (I thought it was the bearing carrier) I will have to run the 87 rear end and have the crappy old plastics but I may get it up and running.

If you guys are still committed for this week, I'm happy to take one of my quads up and chuck the 85 in the trailer so you boys can have a gander, but I have to be honest I'll be surprised if its a goer.

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> WA ATV Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: