OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

gillman quad speedway championship
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> SA ATV Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:17 pm Post subject: gillman quad speedway championship Reply with quote Back to top

it's on this saturday 24th of march
program is full but if anyone desperately wants a ride i'll stand down and let them take my place
let me know asap, otherwise come along and watch, should be a good night, if the weather holds

Sponsor
Ms 450
Blaster class

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how much for spectators?

Thanks to:
My Husband
Austraco
Luke Beechey Motorsports

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

not sure what the going rate is for spectators , perhaps we should auction them on ebay to the highest bidder....................oh you mean how much for them to get in on saturday, i'm guessing $15 but as you know with gillman, the gate price seems to be a lucky dip. hey donna while i've got your attention, remember when we decided that reviews of activities should be reserved for inclusion in the mag or the website instead of being put up here on the forum?? do you reckon that same policy should apply to pics as well??................ just throwing it out there lol

noodles
Big Bore, Stroked & Bling +

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah yeah i know kev, I saved the good ones for the mag i just put the crappy ones of me on the forum,

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i actually like the one where you appear to be appealling to the camera person to take the shot too lol
BTW how's the website going? let me know if you need a hand
PS i think BB should stand for ball breaker rather than bossy bastard

HoleshotQR#24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think its a bad idea to review events on here. The mag is bi-monthly so the event reviews are usually 1-2 months after the event. If people get on here and read about how great our events are, they might decide to come along and join the club so they can join in on our fun.

We need to keep in mind that not everyone who browses this forum will be a club member or know about our website, and non-members won't see the mag so they'll never know.

IMO It's a lot easier to post a review on this forum than updating the website, plus you will get input from more than one person.

It might be in the best interest of both clubs and the OZATV.com forum to have a banner link on each state's forum topic linking to that state's quad riders club/association. The more people we get visiting club sites and posting on this forum the better.

Ms 450
Blaster class

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KEv, u should quit your day job!

Thanks to:
My Husband
Austraco
Luke Beechey Motorsports

froggy
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HoleshotQR#24 wrote:
I don't think its a bad idea to review events on here. The mag is bi-monthly so the event reviews are usually 1-2 months after the event. If people get on here and read about how great our events are, they might decide to come along and join the club so they can join in on our fun.

We need to keep in mind that not everyone who browses this forum will be a club member or know about our website, and non-members won't see the mag so they'll never know.

IMO It's a lot easier to post a review on this forum than updating the website, plus you will get input from more than one person.

It might be in the best interest of both clubs and the OZATV.com forum to have a banner link on each state's forum topic linking to that state's quad riders club/association. The more people we get visiting club sites and posting on this forum the better.

i tend to agree with dean i think its good to have the odd reports and pictures such as we have been getting on here. I dont think it has effected the magazines profile/

noodles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Froggy i think holeshot24 is Bjorn not Dean

froggy
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my bad sorry Bjorn and sorry dean. I got the bike they ride right though Smile

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah and for those of my generation when we read it again it's been so long since we saw it here we've forgotten it and it's like a whole new event. kinda doubles yer value for money i reckon
but i think we should reach a compromise perhaps as dave has done in this instance, and give the forumers a taste and then leave the main meal for the mag and website. by the way did i ask you how the website was coming along yet today dave??
i think i'll consider deregistering from this site coz i reckon you all gotta be sick of seeing my posts by now. plus i'll make an appointment with my therapist to see if i can break the addiction

Ms 450
Blaster class

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

U know we all love hearing from you.

Just letting you know the website isn't far off, unfortunately his new computer has Vista which isn't compatable with the website software program, so he's had to do it from scratch; hence why it's taking so long.

Thanks to:
My Husband
Austraco
Luke Beechey Motorsports

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

aaahhhhhhhhhhh the plot thickens

Chewin
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what times the racing start i might come and watch you oldies race...

Watson107
Blaster class

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gillman Speedway, racing starts at 7:30pm but best to get there around 7:15 and its on Wilkins rd opposite sims metal
Just Heads

Thanks to:
The Old Man
QuadridersSA
www.dualroost.com.au

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok brief run down of the night
really good racing, lots of close action, donna was on fire , dave was on valium, bullet , luddy lucky and nathan were top points scorers and raced the final (that's all i'm gunna tell ya regarding results, get the rest in the mag, or maybe someone else will put it here)
kolecki stepped up to the plate and ran his best ever speedway effort since getting the predator BUT got beaten by his OLD BANSHEE with an old fart riding it. ben valentine had a good night out for his first ever appearance at gillman, danny penraat was danny penraat (no disrespect danny ) phil hall dun good and probably would have made the final had there been a 5 rider race(not sure), greg and steve were competitive as usual, new club member troy had a date with the fence but soldiered on to put in an impressive first time effort, brenton was only just off the pace and if he'd made a couple of races just one position up the order would have given the top dudes a shake up, gunny ran real strong and similar to brenton was unlucky not to have finished higher up the order
that wasn't brief was it?
how bout someone that attended sidewinders junior speedway give us a brief blurb too, coz they may be kids but i hear there was some entertaining racing, and is it true there was eleven quads out there? outnumbering the solos at juniors as well as seniors now ya gotta love that

Ms 450
Blaster class

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that's gold Kev, might have to steal it for the mag!

Thanks to:
My Husband
Austraco
Luke Beechey Motorsports

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

don't start on me now MS450
i think nathan was gunna do something for the mag but who knows, he has trouble remembering to tie his shoelaces some days

Ms 450
Blaster class

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wasn't starting, actually was serious! Though I have asked Nathan - I thought he said he would do it the next day, but I am going deaf in my old age Smile

Thanks to:
My Husband
Austraco
Luke Beechey Motorsports

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'll get nathan to do it and email it to you tonight

Ms 450
Blaster class

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you know if Gillman are going to post the results and times? As they have normally done it by now.

Thanks to:
My Husband
Austraco
Luke Beechey Motorsports

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

not sure

Ms 450
Blaster class

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I contacted them and apparently no one was out there timing. Anyhow Dave and I have watched the DVD and it seems we got slower as the night went on. I think Lucky pulled a 65sec in his first heat, and Bjorn did something similar in his.

So first rounds were around 65-67 then the final around the 70sec mark.

Thanks to:
My Husband
Austraco
Luke Beechey Motorsports

triple"A"
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

65-66 seconds are damn fast
there are some errors in the recorded times of a meeting earlier in the season showing 60 second times which should have been 70 seconds
the time keeper forgot that there are 60 seconds to a minute apparently
i asked about 3 weeks ago if gillman could note a fastest 4 laps for us and was told that they were afraid we'd ask that question as there were errors on that night in question. gillmans website shows luddy running a 60 second effort, thats faster than sidecars record i think and only 5 seconds slower than leigh adams solo record for that track ( and he was no. 3 in the world when he did it) somehow methinks that explains the likelihood of a mistake when giving a 60 second time for a quad, considering when it supposedly happened , early in the season
manshee's best ever accurately recorded time is 66.11 secs
that bit of info will prbably make me known as the biggest ar&*(ole in the club but hey i'm working on getting that title lol

bullet
The Day Starts With OZATV !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just amazed you can count Kev.

Just the other day I thought I saw Kevs name on a loaf of bread in woolies.
When I read it again it said "Thick Cut".

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> SA ATV Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: