OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

Three questions guys

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> WA ATV Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:51 pm Post subject: Three questions guys Reply with quote Back to top

G'Day, I've recently moved back to the West after a few years away.

I'm in the process of giving my Kawasaki Three Wheeler a freshen up.
Powder coat, rebuild the shock absorbers and do some work on the rear end. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

1. A good powdercoater on the north side who can do the sandblasting as well?

2. Who would you recommend to rebuild the forks and rear shock absorber? and

3. I'm looking at changing the rear axle to another brand (long story). I need to get some measurements off a Honda 400EX axle or Banshee axle. Does anyone have a spare one out of a quad that I could measure up. Please PM me or email me at jase_shell@aapt.net.au if you could help out.

Regards
State governments give us REC rego + area to ride ATVs legaly! State Status: VIC-No (Nazi's) QLD-Yes(no place to ride tho) NT-? NSW-Yes, Stockton. TAS-Yes, Areas for ATVs + ATV rego, Go Tazzie . WA-Yes, 2 top places within 1hr of Perth. ACT-? SA-No

Sponsor
Noy Q75
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PM sent
N# 1 at BSA-HD for 09,10,11
N# 2 W.A. State Clubman A 2010
N# 3 W.A. State Vets 2011
N# 1 W.A. State Vets 2012

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks GYTR, I'll give him a ring tomorrow.

Trike is all in bits now, cleaning the crud off it tonight and hopefully deliver it to the PC tommorrow.

I got a quote to get the forks done $250 and the rear shock $190. Are these the going rates these days? IE, new seals, oil, and regas.
State governments give us REC rego + area to ride ATVs legaly! State Status: VIC-No (Nazi's) QLD-Yes(no place to ride tho) NT-? NSW-Yes, Stockton. TAS-Yes, Areas for ATVs + ATV rego, Go Tazzie . WA-Yes, 2 top places within 1hr of Perth. ACT-? SA-No

Noy Q75
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dont even know were you can get them done in W.A.(the shocks ?? were is the place?

Q67Dazza
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Russell Speak at Dyno time in Wangara or John Northcoat from JPN Suspensions- both do excellent work.

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Frame and bits are all at the Powdercoater as I type. Should be ready by Monday. I'll post up some before and after piccies when I get it all back.

Thanks for the tip Dazza, I should be in Wangara tommorow so I'll check in on Russell. His name rings a bell for some reason. Did he used to race or own a bike shop? I grew up in WA but have spent my working career, so far, in the East.

I appreciate the offer GYTR, but I've already measured the 700 Axle and it's to wide across the bearing surfaces. Anyone in Perth have a 250R, 450R, 400EX, or Banshee axle laying around that I could trouble you for some measurements. ta

rc
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

whats the powder coaters name and are they good.

Noy Q75
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the powder coater info i gave was A&S powder coaters they are in ozzy park.. they powder coat mobile lighting towers for Allight (the company i work for ) every day.. have not sent one back yet.good prices to P/N# 92444114 and ask for andy .. tell him Barry from Allight sent you and you will get it cheaper Very Happy

bodes
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ozquad44 wrote:

Thanks for the tip Dazza, I should be in Wangara tommorow so I'll check in on Russell. His name rings a bell for some reason. Did he used to race or own a bike shop?

russell used to own wanneroo motorcycles yonks ago

Mrs_Gaitar
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bodes wrote:
ozquad44 wrote:

Thanks for the tip Dazza, I should be in Wangara tommorow so I'll check in on Russell. His name rings a bell for some reason. Did he used to race or own a bike shop?

russell used to own wanneroo motorcycles yonks ago

Early to mid eighties he used to race 3 wheelers....

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, that would explain why his name rings a bell then, Eh!

I suppose that it's also a fair indication that I've been an ATV nutter since the early eighties... Doh

Noy Q75
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ozquad.. were are the pics of your bike Confused Confused

ozquad44
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bit late tonight, but I'll try and get some photos up during the week.

I got it done in silver, don't ask me the exact colour. It looks really nice but I'm reserving my final jugment until its all back together. Price was very good although the sand blasting was a litte hit and miss. A chunk of PC came off where some rust/grit was left behind, Its in a hidden spot so I'll live with it.

I'm going to have a go at rebuilding the shocks myself as the quotes I'm getting are pushin $500 even before a spanner has turned.

As for a 400EX/ Honda axle I can measure up, no takers in the Perth metro, so the standard axle is going back into it for the time being.

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> WA ATV Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: