OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum
Australia's Largest ATV Forum

Road legal ATVing.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> International ATV Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
SXS Machine Racing Team
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:43 am Post subject: Road legal ATVing. Reply with quote Back to top

HSR just made me aware of there being the capability to ride quads on roads (anywhere-ish type thing) in Spain and Portugal.

Do we have anyone who speaks spanish or portuguese to look at these countries sites for bike tour companies?

If anyone finds anything I'd be interested to know.

Cheers

Tweet - ceo@futrixenterprises.com.au

Sponsor
Barney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Look in the Us forums as they have the Hatfielf Mc Coy trails where you can ride into town on a quad , also look in Dirt wheels in there as well
GME Tx 4600 UHF with Helmet Mic
Hema Gps

SXS Machine Racing Team
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Grizz they have them in the UK too but apparently thats a s a concession to invalid drivers.

(See the post in 4x4 or UTVs on the subaru STi engined machine??)

I knew you could in the US in someplaces but didnt know the licensing, besides who wants to go to the US when you can go to Spain? Ibiza even? Laughing Laughing

BTW you put that concept sketch to yam yet for the Rec/sporting version of the 700 grizz? Did you see outbacks posts? He reckons they're very much easier on the shoulders and arms come a full days ride.

I just want them to look a little more disco and and a bit less tractor. Just a point of view after all beauty is on the eye of the beholder but for me I'd just luv em to look a litle more "the business" maybe we need to design an aftermarket body kit?

Tweet - ceo@futrixenterprises.com.au

mitch41
Roostin Away

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i went to morocco and the road rules are VERY lax there.
i saw someone on the highway with a raptor 250 =]

dont know if it was legal though cos i never saw any1 else with quads.

any info for this stuff in australia let me know

cheers, q0d Very Happy Very Happy

shortcut
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Newbee here Smile

I live in Europe. We can only ride legaly on road up here.
Many people use ATV like a car.
Every country in Europe is legal to ride atv on road.

Atv must have som modification, and need a licensplate (like bike)

Shortcut

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:17 pm Post subject: Street legal ATV's Reply with quote Back to top

I am an Aussie living in Colombia, South America. I recently bought a new (2009) Kawasaki Brute Force 650. I had this registered for use on ANY road in Colombia. At the time the ATV didn't have any mirrors, indicators or horn. There was a lot of mucking around with the documents but nobody ever wanted to inspect it! Now I have a number plate and I have added a mirror, horn and reversing lights. The mirror is necessary to see if a truck is trying to overtake on a narrow dirt road. The horn is necessary because that's how everyone says hello (and ''get out of the way!''). The reversing lights are actually twin 55W clear fog lamps and they are needed so I don't accidently back over the edge of a cliff. I live on a farm 2000 mtrs up in the Andes mountains. I'll try to post some photos as soon as I work out how to do it. [/img]

Fox
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your keen,whats life like in general there, do you get to do some good rides or is it all work.

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:10 am Post subject: 4wd fun on the farm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Fox,

Life is pretty good here on the farm. We are 2,000 mtrs up in the Andes Mountains. I don't do a lot of work on the farm because I am trying very hard to be retired! We have an early model swb Land Rover, a 2006 twin cab Hilux, a 4wd John Deere tractor plus the Kawasaki. Every day is a 4wd adventure!! I'll try to post some photos soon.

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[img][/img]

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fox
4fiddy Racer

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great country more pic please, is the air thin up there is it noticeable, I'm in Adelaide mostly hot and dry, We do get to do some good rides though, you chose the best quad for the job, Do you live there permanently, what do you farm, you could always bottle the air and sell it over here as pure Andes thin Air,

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Fox,

The terrain here in Colombia is mostly exactly the opposite to South Australia. Here it is very green all year, very hilly and muddy. Yes the air is thin but you get used to it.

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Kawasaki....I call it ''La Rana'' (Spanish for ''The Frog'') is well suited to life on the farm. It has plenty of power for the hills and excellent traction for all the muddy bits.

Last edited by barrumundi on Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The farm is a dairy farm and I am occasionally called apon to do some work....but mostly I try to stay out of the way!!!

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Life in general in colombia is pretty good. The weather is good. Even though we are near the equator, it is not hot because we are at a high altitude. The cost of living is about 25% of Australia. Houses and land are very cheap but there is no work so you really need to be retired to get the most benefit. The people are very friendly and it is not as dangerous here as what you would think from all the bad publicity. What I love the most is that I can jump on my ATV and scoot down the mountain to our little town (30 min) do the shopping. have a few cold beers (about 80c ea.) and ride back home again.

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More photos on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21946&id=100000007772497&l=194e04c58f

Earthmover
Big Bore, Stroked & Bling +

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like i can retire next year then laughing ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEarthmover

Midwest Tone
90cc 2 stroke / 110 4 stroke

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Barramundi

The bike has more horsepower than the tractor Laughing

Interesting place to retire. Very picturesque place.

How many milkers out of interest?

Tony

wa5

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This relates more to Micro cars, a vehicle class in Europe that can be driven without a Licence, but also covers Quads I believe.

http://www.aixam.co.uk/legislation.html

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Midwest Tone wrote:
Hi Barramundi

The bike has more horsepower than the tractor Laughing

Interesting place to retire. Very picturesque place.

How many milkers out of interest?

Tony

Hi Tony,

The Tractor has a 3.0 ltr Yanmar diesel and is rated 18.5 HP. The Kawasaki is 650cc and rated 52.1 Nm (@4000 rpm). The tractor has more grunt but no speed. The ATV can travel all over the farm and hardly leaves an impression but the tractor sinks to the axles in the soft mud.

Yes the coutry is very picturesque. The scenery is magnificent and it is so peaceful and quiet. My stepsons run the farm and I am helping them to bring it into the 21st century. They are currently milking about 25 Jersey and Holstein BY HAND! Next week we are installing a DeLaval mobile milking machine.

Colombia is an excellent place to retire. We are about to build a new house here on the farm. Two storey, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms brick and tile, estimated cost approx. AUD$40,000.

Gary

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Earthmover wrote:
sounds like i can retire next year then laughing ?

Earthmover, I am a young 57. I would have retired in Australia at 65 but I have been able to jump the gun and retire 8 years earlier to live in Colombia. For me the choice was easy because my wife is a Colombian and she owns the farm lock stock and barrel. No rent, no bank payments, good cheap food and cheap beer......what more do you need! My cost of living is about AUD$50 a week!

See you soon........I'll put a few beers in the fridge for you.

Gary.

Earthmover

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

,ďWhen God was creating the world, He put gold into South Africa, some was left over, so He threw it into Colombia. "He put coal into Appalachia, but there was some left over, so He threw it into Colombia. "Then God distributed minerals like Iron and Nickel, again there were some left over, so He threw them into Colombia. "Brazil received tropical fruits and Emeralds, there were some of these left over too, so He threw them into Colombia. "The Middle East got a pot full of oil; the remainder God poured into Colombia. "Flowers went into the South Pacific islands, there were some of these left over as well, so He threw them into Colombia." "Wait a minute," a watching angel said to God. "Do you realize that youíre making Colombia one of the most powerful nations on earth?" "Yes," God replied, "but donít worry, I havenít given them their politics yet."

Dino
The Day Starts With OZATV !

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exzcellent quote Eartmover!

barrumundi
50cc nipper

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, good quote earthmover. For a North Queensland truckie, you sure know a lot about Colombia. I was your neighbour for 25 years. I lived and worked in Townsville from 1986 until late last year.

Earthmover

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

barrumundi wrote:
Yes, good quote earthmover. For a North Queensland truckie, you sure know a lot about Colombia. I was your neighbour for 25 years. I lived and worked in Townsville from 1986 until late last year.
Google is Great
My Mrs Bindy said we can't move there because to get permanent residency I would have to marry "some young Columbian chick" I still can't see what the problem is ??? Wink Very Happy

Post new topic Reply to topic OZ ATV :: The Australian ATV Forum Forum Index -> International ATV Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: